08/10/2023Return to view all job openings
1. Perform quality O&M assessments and subsequent training to support the mobility needs of clients across all service areas to
include facility, home, work, and community venues. Develop goals and objectives following each evaluation to ensure that all
clients reach their highest abilities based on individual needs and desires. Collect pre and post data to measure service
2. Submit assessments, progress summaries, discharge summaries, daily notes, and invoices by procedure to support
reimbursement from all funding sources. Accurately document all services as determined by department policy to ensure timely
invoicing and to maintain good communication with Lighthouse staff, referring Physicians, and contracting agencies.
3. Provide individual and group instruction to participants in the New Vision and Next Step Programs for clients who qualify for
Older Blind services as outlined in the program curricula for O&M.
4. Collaborate with VRS staff to develop and implement youth services for the Light Steps and Forward Steps programs.
5. Collaborate with the vision rehabilitation team to optimize communication regarding client needs and plans for services across
all Lighthouse programs.
6. Conduct sensitivity training for new Lighthouse employees in the New Orleans facility. Conduct initial O&M assessments for
employees who have vision loss to identify needs for training to ensure their safety when navigating throughout the facility.
7. Conduct periodic assessments and training as needed to support Lighthouse employees who are blind to enhance their
efficiency, productivity, and safety on the job. Consult with management staff to resolve identified challenges as requested.
8. Collaborate as a member of the Mo-Mobility team to enhance blind pedestrian safety and public transit services for people who
are visually impaired or Deaf-Blind across the New Orleans and Baton Rouge regions by providing system assessments,
educational presentations, and interactive training opportunities to transit operators, city planners, community leaders, and
9. Participate in education and advocacy events to promote inclusion for people with vision loss. Provide sensitivity training to
teams of local businesses. Conduct environmental assessments for public venues. And engage with the community at outreach
10. Supervise O&M students as determined by university guidelines to ensure successful internships and to grow the field of Vision
11. Foster a team environment with effective communication and a coordinated approach to providing vision rehabilitation
services. Follow all Lighthouse standard operating procedures (SOP).
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Vision Rehabilitation Services.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Accomplishments in these areas of responsibility will be the basis of the employee’s evaluation, continuation of employment and change in compensation.
Phone: 504-899-4501 229
Cert: Any Certification
Negotiable Salary commensurate with experience.
Sign-on Bonus - Negotiable
Relocation Assistance negotiable. New Orleans is a city in a class of its own, New Orleans offers endless opportunities for fun and entertainment, casting a global allure that brings more than 17 million visitors to the city a year. From its world-class gastronomy and eclectic art scene to its distinctive architecture and neighborhoods, New Orleans is like no other city. And with its jazzy soundtrack and tro