ACVREP's Vision, Values and Purposes
That all individuals receiving vision rehabilitation or education will be provided with services from highly qualified professionals.
To offer professional certification for vision rehabilitation and education professionals in order to establish a worldwide standard of service delivery to people who are blind or visually impaired
ACVREP Core Organizational Values
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people should have access to needed vision rehabilitation and education services to empower them to achieve their maximum life goals for education, employment, personal safety and independence.
- All people should receive needed vision rehabilitation and education services from competent and qualified professionals.
- ACVREP promotes diversity and cultural competence in all activities and associations.
- ACVREP promotes the involvement of consumers in all organizational activities and programs.
- ACVREP enhances the meaning, value, and importance of certification to all stakeholders, especially, consumers of services.
ACVREP Organizational Purposes:
In support of its mission, vision, and values, ACVREP's purposes are:
- To develop and maintain current, field-driven professional scopes of practice and competencies for vision rehabilitation and education professionals that serve to promote the value and quality of services provided by certified professionals.
- To recognize individual professionals who achieve certification through rigorous educational and clinical practice requirements and demonstration of professional competence by passing the appropriate standardized certification assessment.
- To establish and enforce ethical standards and practices.
- To support professionals in applying for and obtaining ACVREP certification.
- To establish and review the quality of approved continuing education programs to promote instructional benefit and optimal outcomes.
- To provide education and information to consumers and other stakeholders about the tenets and value of certification.
- To seek input from, and be responsive to, the needs of all stakeholders.
- To advocate for the viability, relevance and sustainability of all certifications, and to promote respect for professional practice in blind and vision rehabilitation and education.
ACVREP Organizational Outcomes:
In support of its mission, vision, values, and purposes, ACVREP's organizational outcomes are:
- Individuals who receive vision rehabilitation and education services have the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential.
- Individuals who provide vision rehabilitation and education services shall meet professional standards that effectively promote ethical practice, enhance service quality, and facilitate optimal outcomes.
- Organizations providing vision rehabilitation and education services achieve greater organizational success through the work of individuals who have met ACVREP certification standards.