ACVREP's Vision, Values and Purposes
That all people with vision impairment receive services from highly qualified professionals.
To establish a worldwide standard of service delivery to people who are blind or visually impaired through the certification of vision rehabilitation and education professionals.
ACVREP Core Organizational Values
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people have the right to receive needed vision rehabilitation and education services in order to pursue their goals for education, employment, personal safety and independence.
- All people have the right to receive needed vision rehabilitation and education services from competent and qualified professionals.
- ACVREP promotes diversity and cultural competence in all activities and associations.
- ACVREP promotes the involvement of consumers in all organizational activities and programs.
- ACVREP advocates for the value, and importance of certification to all stakeholders, especially, consumers of services.
ACVREP Organizational Purposes
In support of its mission, vision, and values, ACVREP's purposes are:
- To develop and maintain current evidence based, field-driven professional scopes of practice and competencies for vision rehabilitation and education professionals that serve to promote the value and quality of services provided by certified professionals.
- To recognize individual professionals who achieve certification through rigorous educational and supervised clinical practice requirements and demonstration of professional competence by passing the appropriate standardized written certification assessment.
- To establish and enforce ethical standards and practices.
- To support professionals in applying for and obtaining ACVREP certification.
- To establish and review the quality of approved continuing education programs to promote instructional benefit and optimal outcomes.
- To provide education and information to consumers and other stakeholders about the tenets and value of certification.
- To seek input from, and be responsive to, the needs of all stakeholders.
- To advocate for the viability, relevance and sustainability of ACVREP certifications.
- To promote respect for professional practice in blind and low vision rehabilitation and education services.
ACVREP Organizational Outcomes
In support of its mission, vision, values, and purposes, ACVREP's organizational outcomes are:
- Individuals who provide vision rehabilitation and education services shall meet professional standards that effectively promote ethical practice and enhance service quality.
- All professionals who provide services to people who are blind and visually impaired achieve ACVREP certification.
- Identify and credential professionals and paraprofessionals in new areas of education and rehabilitation that enhance the lives of individuals who are visually impaired including those who may have additional disabilities.