ACVREP's Vision/Mission, Values and Purposes
All people with visual impairment receive services from highly qualified professionals.
ACVREP Core Organizational Values
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people have the right to receive needed vision rehabilitation, education and other professional services in order to pursue their goals for education, employment, personal safety and independence.
- All people have the right to receive needed vision rehabilitation, education and other professional services from competent and qualified professionals.
- ACVREP promotes diversity and cultural competence in all activities and associations.
- ACVREP promotes the involvement of consumers in all organizational activities and programs.
- ACVREP advocates for the value, and importance of certification to all stakeholders, especially, consumers of services.
ACVREP Organizational Purposes
In support of its mission, vision, and values, ACVREP's purposes are:
- To develop and maintain current evidence based, field-driven professional scopes of practice and competencies for vision rehabilitation, education and other professionals who provide services to those who are visually impaired that promote the value and quality of services provided by certified professionals.
- To recognize individual professionals who achieve certification through rigorous educational and supervised clinical practice requirements and demonstration of professional competence by passing the appropriate standardized written certification examination.
- To establish and enforce ethical standards and practices.
- To support professionals in applying for and obtaining ACVREP certification.
- To establish and review the quality of approved continuing education programs to promote instructional benefit and optimal outcomes.
- To provide education and information to consumers and other stakeholders about the tenets and value of certification.
- To seek input from, and be responsive to, the needs of all stakeholders.
- To advocate for the viability, relevance and sustainability of ACVREP certifications.
- To promote respect for professional practice in blind and low vision rehabilitation, education and other professional services for people who are visually impaired.
ACVREP Organizational Outcomes
In support of its mission, vision, values, and purposes, ACVREP's organizational outcomes are:
- Individuals who provide vision rehabilitation and education services shall meet professional standards that effectively promote ethical practice and enhance service quality.
- All professionals who provide services to people who are blind and visually impaired achieve ACVREP certification.
- Identify and credential professionals and paraprofessionals in new areas of education, rehabilitation and other professional services that enhance the lives of individuals who are visually impaired including those who may have additional disabilities.