About the ACVREP
Committed to Quality
ACVREP's certification programs are designed to offer professionals the means to demonstrate critical knowledge and skills that promote the provision of quality services and ethical practice. Academy certified professionals possess a level of quality and care that is unmatched in the field.
ACVREP is committed to quality certification programs that meet rigorous recognized standards. The Academy is a member of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) and strives to conduct its certification programs according to the standards established by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
This objective is achieved through the Academy's stated bylaw purposes:
- Identifying the standards common to employees in the vision rehabilitation and education professions, including the body of knowledge and work experience;
- Identifying the standards across specialized areas of vision rehabilitation and education professions;
- Supporting employees and employers in using and applying the skill standards for personnel development;
- Creating a forum for key stakeholders in the vision rehabilitation and education profession, including employers, related health professions, education and government groups;
- Identifying relevant training materials and resources to assist in teaching the vision rehabilitation and education standards;
- Devising and administering written examinations according to standards developed by the Academy;
- Granting recognition upon and maintaining a listing of those persons who meet the Academy's eligibility criteria and pass its certification examination;
- Monitoring and taking action to revoke, suspend or continue certification based on certificants' adherence to the standards; and
- Establishing programs that promote and support reliance on the Academy's credentials by the general public and by regulatory bodies