05/23/2023Return to view all job openings
• Knowledge of teaching methods and techniques, special education regulations/best practices, behavior modification techniques, employment adaptations and accommodations, disability characteristics, and assessment techniques.
• Skilled in classroom management, instructional design and development, communication, curriculum implementation, and planning.
• Ability to teach students with disabilities, work with others, make decisions, problem solve, work independently, and develop individualized service plans.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a special education or related field.
• A Collegiate or post graduate Professional License issued through the Virginia Department of Education (or equivalency from another state), with endorsement in Special Education.
Hiring Range: Negotiable up to $23/Hr
Cert: Any Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer State applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:55 p.m. on the closing date through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s New Recruitment Management System. PageUp provides a confirmation of receipt when your application is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your PageUp account to check the status of your application for this position. You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Ed. Support Services Teacher (Wage) - #WWRH2010 - Augusta County, Virginia, United States