01/08/2018Return to view all job openings
· Organize, plan and provide O & M evaluation and instruction to people who are blind, blind with other disabilities, or Deaf-Blind, including employees and community members
· Provide education/consultation and technical assistance to Lighthouse personnel and community members as appropriate, including all Lighthouse locations. Some travel with advance notice may be required.
· Work cooperatively with Accommodations, Operations, Safety, and Maintenance personnel to make recommendations for accommodations
· Work cooperatively with local transit authorities to provide consultation, input and expertise
· Work cooperatively to develop and maintain relationships with adaptive equipment vendors
· Assess basic low vision needs for employees and other participants
· Attend staff, program and department meetings as required
· Monitor and maintain stock of low vision and mobility related equipment for employee purchases and/or use.
· Coordinate with other O&M’s to ensure other Lighthouse sites such as JBLM and CMS have training and accommodation support or as needed (magnifiers, CCTV’s, lighting recommendation, mobility instruction, cane tips, etc)
· Travel to other Base Supply Centers as requested, and/or find local resource to provide training.
· Participate in development of program-wide goals and measurements
· Deliver services defined in grants and contracts
· Develop and maintain positive relationships in the O&M professional arena
· Maintain files, provide documentation, data collection, reports, and summaries as needed
· Develop annual budgets and work plans
· Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of accommodation resources
· Ability to problem solve effectively
· Ability to take initiative, function autonomously, and be dependable.
· Ability to produce high-quality written documents, including correspondence, reports, etc
· Comprehensive knowledge of PC applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and database software.
· Professional demeanor
· Demonstrated excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
· Willingness to work as a team member
· Mature judgment and sensitivity in interpersonal relations and among diverse groups
· Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
· BA or MA in Orientation and Mobility Required
· ACVREP/COMS Certification Required
· 3 plus years of experience providing Orientation and Mobility training and instruction preferred
· Dual competency in Orientation & Mobility and Rehabilitation Teaching preferred
· ASL 4 skills or above preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer, Male / Female / Persons with Disabilities / VEVRAA
How To Apply:
Please visit the “Jobs” section at: seattlelighthouse.org