Miami Lighthouse for the Blind
04/26/2023Return to view all job openings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to:
- Initiates referrals to other agencies on behalf of client.
- Plans training with families and individual clients.
- Provides outreach support and training for family and client.
- Updates client assessments and reports findings in appropriate database systems.
- Calls families to discuss any vision concerns, needs or successes.
- Demonstrates experience and knowledge in effective therapeutic playgroups with children birth to six.
- Keeps current on latest trends in blindness and early childhood development. (INSITE, VIISA birth to two and VIISA three to five).
- Knowledgeable of common medical terms and standard treatment procedures that pertain to clients.
- Recognizes symptoms of common mental and physical illnesses and makes referrals for their treatment.
- Maintains required records.
- Prepares accurate and timely correspondence and comprehensive reports.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills working with children and adults, expressing ideas clearly and oncisely, orally and in writing.
- Maintains professional accreditations, licensing and/or continuing education as required
- Participates in staff conferences.
- Identifies and refers clients for the lighthouse services.
- Creates and maintains updated desk reference.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, early childhood, special education, TVI or pediatric OT with 2 years of experience.
- Experience working with infants and toddlers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Experience working with children with disabilities or therapeutic playgroups preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Proficient in use of computers including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet research.
- Valid Florida Driver's License and/or ability to get to clients' home or various locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, their families and the general public
- Ability to work with good judgment and unquestioned confidentiality with regard to Miami Lighthouse and client information.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and criminal background screening
$500 Singing Bonus & Childcare Benefit
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred