12/12/2017Return to view all job openings
We are seeking an assistive technology (AT) specialist to work with clients who are blind or visually impaired. The instructor will assess clients to determine the needs and skill level of the user and provide individual or group training on job specific skills, workplace and assistive technology. The AT specialist will also conduct Section 508 testing and remediation.
Please note: The individual in this position must be able and willing to travel independently between sites and to work in a variety of locations.
· Conduct assistive technology assessments and make recommendations for products, services, and referrals to assist clients in achieving training goals.
· Conduct individual assistive technology training with blind and low vision consumers in the DC Metro Area.
· Complete regular progress reports which clearly state the client’s goals and progress.
· Coordinate and advise referral sources on products and training services appropriate to the client’s needs.
· Provide AT software installation and training for clients as needed.
· Conduct Section 508 testing, document results, and make recommendations for remediation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in the computer technology, education, or related field.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in assistive technology training and assessment.
· High proficiency in the use of adaptive technology and experience teaching in a classroom or employment setting.
· Working experience in Section 508 accessibility testing and remediation.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
· Travel independently to client home and work locations throughout the DC Metro area.
· Advanced knowledge of assisstive technology products for blind and low vision users (i.e. JAWS, ZoomText, Braille displays, etc.)
· Goal oriented with a proven track record of success in meeting deadlines and requirements.
Cert: Any Certification
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirement to resumes(at sign)CLB.org.
CLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates only. No agencies or phone calls please.