03/23/2023Return to view all job openings
1. DESE Certification as a Teacher of students with visual impairments preferred
2. Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Education.
2. Three years experience in working with students with visual impairments preferred.
3. Excellent communication skills.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the NRC Board of Directors may find appropriate and acceptable.
LENGTH OF POSITION: School year plus summer hours possible
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of District Services
1. Demonstrate knowledge of Expanded Core Curriculum as defined by DESE.
2. Evaluate each student’s skills and contribute to IEP development based on results.
3. Employ instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for accomplishing stated objectives.
4. Consult with classroom teachers and other team members to design and implement appropriate accommodations/modifications to assure student success.
5. Develop appropriate assessment strategies and assess accomplishments of students on a regular basis; complete quarterly progress reports and other reports as needed.
6. Maintain contact with doctors, hospitals, counselors or other agencies involved with each student regarding information relevant to his/her vision status.
7. Supervise Braille-trained aides if/when relevant.
8. Consult with parents to help them better understand impact of student’s visual impairments and to provide input to facilitate home carryover of educational objectives.
9. Ability to travel between schools as needed
Cert: Any Certification