Foundation for Blind Children
02/09/2023Return to view all job openings
- Establish credibility with the Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration and other partners.
- Ensure compliance with contract requirements as identified by the Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration.
- Provide leadership and advocacy with local, state, and federal public entities and community-based organizations, including relevant events as needed to support program growth.
- Implement new programs and make changes to existing programs as needed to ensure the integration of best practices, current technology, and contemporary strategies for optimizing client outcomes.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Outreach and Community Engagement, you will:
- Define processes and best practices in the field of vision rehabilitation in the areas of assistive technology, braille instruction, independent living, adjustment to disability, employment readiness, continuing education readiness, orientation and mobility, and support groups for all adults.
- Co-manage the development of supportive and rehabilitation services for adults who are blind or visually impaired in accordance with the Foundation for Blind Children’s mission and strategic plan.
- Foster open communication, collaboration, and teamwork across FBC’s adult-focused programs.
- Assist FBC’s Executive Leadership Team as needed to accomplish organizational goals.
- Directly supervise and support adult services instructional staff.
- Manage staff effectively to create efficiency and yield high performance.
- Inspire and retain great staff and recruit new staff.
- Conduct ongoing performance reviews to ensure open communication and appropriate guidance are afforded to team members.
- Coordinate and support the professional development of staff to enhance skills and ensure the use of proven best practices.
- A minimum of three years of management experience.
- Professional experience in the field of vision rehabilitation.
- Has completed or is in the progress of completing one of the following certifications: CVRT, CTVI, COMS, or a Graduate Certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives while maintaining quality services.
- Inspire team and motivate others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High expectations and accountability of self and others
- Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety, or ability to attain a Clearance Card