Helen Keller Services
02/01/2023Return to view all job openings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures services provided to consumers are person-centered and meet the consumer’s needs:
- Assess, through dialogue with consumer and team, the consumer’s training priorities
- Actively collaborate with team (including consumer) to design trans-disciplinary training activities, implement individualized program, and evaluate progress through debriefing and dialogue to identify further learning opportunities.
- Communicates consumer’s training priorities/ short and long term goals .
- Work with the team to ensure Assistive technology training supports the vocational goal.
- Ensures the consumer’s involvement in decision making process with team throughout evaluation and training
- Actively participates in Community of Practice (COP) of choice in order to support learning of peers, contribute articles, experiences and challenges.
- Plans and provides individualized Assistive technology training both in person and virtually when needed.
- Records progress and submits scheduled written reports and individualized training plans on a timely basis.
- Recommends appropriate materials and equipment respective of consumer’s strengths and preferences.
- Contributes to curriculum development and design of instructional materials.
- Investigates and researches new Assistive technology. Keeps abreast of national trends and innovations. Gains knowledge and skill on operating and instructing others in the current products, programs and equipment utilized by individuals who are DeafBlind.
- Participates in department meetings and scheduled inter-departmental team meetings, case conferences and general staff meetings.
- Accompanies and serves as guide and/or interpreter for students and professional staff members when assigned. To accomplish this, it may be required to use personal vehicle on occasion.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Full time union position with benefits including:
- Medical Insurance- Fully Paid
- Dental Insurance- Fully Paid
- Vision Insurance- Fully Paid
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays Off
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 403b Program w/Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact Human Resources.
*No-frills positions are those that receive an additional 10% premium on the hourly rate of pay, but do not participate in the Union Health Insurance Plan. Individuals seeking a No-frills position must show they have alternative insurance to be eligible.
(516) 833-8301 Ext:268