01/17/2023Return to view all job openings
Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services is a leader in programs and services for people of all ages who are blind, vision impaired, or who have other disabilities. We are committed to improving the lives of persons with vision loss and related disabilities by teaching independence and self-advocacy.
Evaluate and provide instruction for blind or vision impaired individuals in order to become fully independent. The goal of the program is to provide instruction that enables the student to gain independence in their daily activities, which include Household Management, Communication Skills, Recreation and Leisure, basic Computer and iPhone training, and Self Advocacy Skills.
1. Interview student to determine their needs and desired outcomes.
2. Plan lessons which will help student reach desired outcomes.
3. Role play situations that will reveal the abilities and limitations of each student, discuss outcomes, and plan lessons accordingly.
4. Maintain record of services provided to students in a database.
5. Record progress through checklists and reports that show accomplishments or needed work of measurable functional outcomes.
6. Prepare written correspondence documenting the progression and final status of skill level of the student.
7. Participate in regularly scheduled conferences with the student and funding source to update and discuss progression of training.
8. Work with students from the ages of 14+ years of age.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree, required.
2. Master’s degree, preferred.
3. Experience working with individuals who have vision loss or other disabilities, preferred.
4. Orientation & Mobility Certificate, preferred.
Decision Making Authority/Supervisory Responsibility:
This position does not supervise other staff positions but does have primary responsibility in decision-making regarding students’ training programs. This position supervises interns in the rehabilitation teaching program.
Physical Needs for Job:
Lift 10 pounds'
Cert: Any Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year