12/05/2022Return to view all job openings
Responsible for maintaining the operational and transactional responsibilities of the Grant Administration department which is predominantly composed of large federal grants. Manages the coordination of day to day activities of a team of grant analysts and the annual tasks associated with Federal formula grants in DPS. Will have exposure for district wide initiatives.
Responsible for managing the activities of a team of grant financial analysts. Provide leadership on the review, reconciliation and monitoring of various departmental and grant budgets. Provide guidance and feedback to financial analysts as they prepare monthly budget-to-actual variance reports and provide associated analysis to budget managers and leadership. Train analysts, and review outputs, on complex budget and accounting functions, including journal entries, budget transfers, account reconciliations, grant compliance/reporting, budget development and account set-up. Monitor department workflow to ensure efficiency of operations.
- Manage the work of 2-4 grant financial analysts as they provide financial analysis and reconcile financial data for budget owners.
- Review and provide feedback to financial analysts on all financial information presented to ensure that the analysis is rigorous, relevant and provides a high level of information to budget managers and leadership.
- Review and approve journal entries and budget transfers, prior to submission, ensuring that they appropriately record financial data for various departmental and grant budgets.
- Develop and document processes and procedures, implement process improvements and retain documentation as required. Train financial analyst staff.
- Train and develop grant financial analyst staff.
- Develops and implements goals, objectives and work standards for the financial analysts.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of spending, including variances, available funds and future period forecasts to the Finance Director and other leadership team members.
- Develop and manage a system for tracking district-wide grant matching; ensure that identified expenditures are properly accounted for and adhere to prescribed grant rules.
- Manage the district-wide grant forecasting process; develop and manage a multi-year forecasting view that will guide district leadership and allow for proactive decision-making.
- Works with the Finance Director to ensure that the team is operating in an efficient and effective work environment, is demonstrating enhanced productivity and is achieving team objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Cert: Any Certification