11/25/2022Return to view all job openings
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner for A Stronger Arizona
DES works with families, community organizations, advocates and state and federal partners to realize our collective vision that every child, adult, and family in Arizona will be safe and economically secure.
DES serves more than 3 million Arizonans. Our Mission is to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable.
REHABILITATION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS)
Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA)
1455 South Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711
Salary: $14.8676/ hourly ($30,924.61 annually)
Closing Date: Open until sufficient resumes are received
This position may be available for remote work within Arizona (2 days per week in the office/hoteling).
??????DERS Mission/Job Summary:
Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Rehabilitation Services Technician with the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA). This position is responsible for providing potential applicants who have disabilities with a basic overview of Vocational Rehabilitation services, arranging office orientation sessions, and may complete initial interviews. This position works closely with clients to inform them of appointments, assist them in contacting and working with vendors, and showing clients how to utilize community services. This position will serve in a hybrid work environment.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that a?ords employees ?exibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, and commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in o?ces, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs):
The ideal/preferred candidate will possess experience working with persons with disabilities.
· Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
· Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
· Candidates for this position shall be subject to a search of both the Child Protective Services Central Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 8-804 and the Adult Protective Services Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 46-459.
· Candidate shall have or meet the requirements to obtain prior to their first day of employment, a valid Level One Arizona fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call (480)521-0391 or email LizbethAlarcon@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480)521-0391 or email LizbethAlarcon@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Cert: Any Certification