10/27/2022Return to view all job openings
Essential duties and responsibilities(3-5 core functions representing 80% of time spent):
- Provides individual client evaluation and instruction in all aspects of orientation and mobility at the client home, rehab office or other areas within the state of Oklahoma.
- Maintains service files of all orientation and mobility clients with pertinent information/documentation regarding services rendered, planning and client progress, and updates central file with said information.
- Maintains follow-up process for active and inactive clients in orientation and mobility.
- Provides public education on blindness issues and all aspects of NVO services.
- Maintains contact with other community and state direct services agencies.
- Assists in provision of social services as needed.
- Works as a team member with other professionals, staff, and volunteers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Rehabilitation Director.
- Must wear all protective equipment required by department.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures including departmental safety policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Orientation and Mobility and ACVREP certified.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 2 years experience in Orientation and Mobility.
- Must have working knowledge of all aids and appliances commonly used in general mobility training of the blind and vision impaired.
- Must possess knowledge of electronic travel aids (ETAS).
- Basic computer database and word processing knowledge and experience.
- Must obtain a valid Oklahoma State Drivers license.
NewView Oklahoma is an Affirmative Action Employer - EOE/AA Minority/Female//Disabilities/Vets
ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY SPECIALIST (paycomonline.net)