10/27/2022Return to view all job openings
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assistive Technology (AT) Assessments and Reports: Perform assistive technology assessments that measure an individual’s functional capacity and most appropriately match the individual to assistive technology that will best meet their needs. Complete a written report that itemizes the recommended assistive technology and justifies, with specific information, how the Assistive Technology will meet the Customer’s needs.
- AT Training: Conduct training that increases awareness, skills, and competencies in the use of assistive technology so that the user may be proficient in its use.
- AT Delivery and Installation: Deliver and install assistive technology, including performing all labor required to assemble, deliver, set up, install, or otherwise make operable AT for a person at their residence, job site, or other location requested.
- Service Coordination and Support: Provide troubleshooting services to customers remotely, at home, in the workplace, or at a location determined by the customer.
- Device Reuse: Accept donations of assistive technology devices. Sanitize and refurbish AT devices for redistribution, perform repair activities, and manage open-ended loans.
- Device Demonstrations: Compare the features and benefits of a particular AT device or category of devices for an individual or small group of individuals.
- Device Loans: Provide and manage short-term loans of AT devices to individuals or entities.
- Information: Respond to requests for information and/or put individuals in contact with other agencies, organizations, or companies that can provide them with needed information on AT products, devices, services, or funding sources
- Assistance: Provide intensive assistance to individuals about AT products, devices, services, or funding sources.
- Instructional Events: Deliver classes, workshops, and presentations that have a goal of increasing skills, knowledge, and competency regarding AT.
- Technical Assistance: Provide direct problem-solving services to assist programs and agencies in improving their services, management, policies, and/or outcomes
- Public Awareness: Perform outreach activities and attend events intended to increase referrals to the AT program.
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders about service delivery.
- Participate in Team Meetings relating to clients to provide guidance on assistive technology matters.
- Maintain current knowledge base for assistive technology and workplace accommodations.
- Other duties as assigned.