Job Openings

Dept for the Blind & Vision Impairment


Return to view all job openings

Minimum Qualifications

Demonstrated knowledge of engineering techniques as applied to the design and use of adaptive aids and equipment. Demonstrated skill to analyze and solve complex problems related to adaptive aids and technology. Demonstrated ability to design, select and install the proper equipment depending on a specific individual’s need. College degree with course work in an engineering discipline, preferably rehabilitation engineering, or equivalent. Combination of education and directly related experience in engineering techniques and uses of adaptive aids and appliances for individuals who are blind, deafblind, or vision impaired. Specific knowledge of computer-related adaptations.




Phone: 804-662-7003

Cert: Any Certification

Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact for assistance. Minorities, Individuals with disabilities, Veterans, Americorp, Peace Corps, and other National Service Alumni are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer

State applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Job Board/Recruitment Management System (RMS). RMS provides a confirmation of receipt when your application is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS account to check the status of your application for this position.

In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link:, or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.

If you have a Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor please ensure to attach a copy of it along with any other documents?


To apply: