Helen Keller Services
10/24/2022Return to view all job openings
Requires local travel through LI/NYC. Masters required in either VRT, Deaf Education or TVI.
- Conduct evaluation of communication skills of DeafBlind consumers, including face to face communication, functional written English skills, and use of telecommunication systems.
- Evaluate food preparation, cooking, cleaning, home and personal management, and banking and budgeting skills of DeafBlind consumers.
- Plan lessons and provide skills training in communication and independent living to meet goals.
- Facilitate peer support groups and learning discussions for Deafblind individuals on topics related to independent living and vision rehabilitation.
- Complete written case notes during evaluation and training to monitor progress, identify problems and constraints, develop strategies and resolutions.
Master’s Degree in Deaf Education, Vision Rehabilitation Therapy, Teacher of the Visually Impaired or related field required.
(516) 833-8301 Ext:268