Helen Keller Services
08/01/2022Return to view all job openings
- Complete comprehensive assessments and develop reports that include the needs and strengths of the client
- Develop and implement individualized training plans to include effective and meaningful instruction in the areas of VRT and O&M
- Provide instruction in the areas of VRT (including but not limited to communication skills, meal planning and preparation skills, and organizational skills) and in the areas of O&M (including but not limited to motor, sensory, and cognitive development, indoor/outdoor instruction, long cane use, and public transportation training) in clients’ home, work, and community environments as appropriate
- Document clients’ progress through standardized reports
- Provide consultation and resources to clients and family/friends and act as a liaison with outside organizations, CBVH staff, etc. as appropriate
- Case management and preparation of all client reports including scheduling and coordinating all client instruction
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in Orientation & Mobility and Vision Rehabilitation Therapy or Bachelor’s degree and successful competition of CBVH approved program. ACVREP dual certification preferred.
(516) 833-8301 Ext:268
You do not have to have the certification.