05/17/2022Return to view all job openings
BLIND INDUSTRIES AND SERVICES OF MARYLAND
If interested please contact Andy McIver at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-737-2648.
Date Posted: 5/13/22
Requested start date: when available
Position Title: Orientation and Mobility Instructor(s)
Department: Rehabilitation - Baltimore
Hiring Manager: Andy McIver
Number: 2 Positions Available
Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday*
*Evening and weekends as needed
Essential Position Functions:
1. Provide Orientation and Mobility to school aged children in the Public Schools of Maryland.
2. Provide Orientation and Mobility in the homes and communities of Maryland residents.
3. A current O&M certification
4. Provides day-to-day training and education of others; works in a creative environment that requires invention, imagination, originality and talent.
5. Participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of objectives and goals.
6. Principal mentor and coach to others.
8. Prepare reports and evaluations.
9. Work closely with Adult, Youth and Senior training programs as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Requires education or learning beyond high school which was acquired by a prolonged course of specialized instruction.
2. Must be able to read and interpret industry-specific journals, financial reports and legal documents.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Position will require day travel within the State of Maryland for home visits. Driver and/or car will be provided.