05/10/2022Return to view all job openings
Access Technology Specialist
About the Position…
CABVI (Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired) is currently seeking an experienced, capable, and highly motivated Access Technology Specialist to join our team! This is a full-time Staff position reporting to the Access Technology Services Manager. The principal responsibilities for this position include:
Ø Provide evaluation and instruction to consumers in skill areas including computer literacy, effective use of access technology and standard applications for obtainment of vocational, academic and personal use goals.
- Accurately identify consumer needs and goals.
- Accurately project instructional hours and equipment needed.
- Initiate evaluations within 2 weeks of assignment.
- Make priority case contact within one week.
- Tailor teaching strategies to consumers’ learning needs.
- Improved computer skills are utilized by consumers.
- 95% of consumers reach their goals based on follow-up information.
- Maintain calendar of client appointments and track client progress toward goals.
Ø Maintain current and accurate knowledge of mainstream and adaptive technology and trends; provide consultation to persons as needed.
- Annually develop new skills that reflect trends in technology.
- Utilize curriculum to be used by consumers and ATS staff.
- Develop and pursue training opportunities.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of resources.
- Provide effective consultations to consumers and ATS staff when required.
- Provide collaboration with other professionals as appropriate.
- Initiate consultation within 2 weeks of assignment / request.
- Review existing documentation to assist in service provision
Ø Maintain accurate documentation on program and consumer service.
- Accurately describe consumer progress and skill level.
- Provide clear and descriptive explanation of teaching content.
- Submit evaluation and final reports 1 week after service is concluded.
- Submit monthly documentation, leave requests, mileage and expense forms within established timelines.
- Assist in documenting equipment inventory.
- Obtain accurate vendor information, (i.e. Current equipment and pricing information etc.) for ATS and its consumers.
Ø Handle special projects and assignments to help meet program or agency needs.
- Regularly maintain ATS lab and staff equipment.
- Actively participate in program planning, program development and identification of unmet needs.
- Fully prepared for talks/presentations/projects; projects meet goals and are completed within timeframe.
- Collaborate with other staff as needed.
- Apply and share professional knowledge in a variety of ways.
- Assist in implementation of the unit’s and department’s annual plan.
- Provide technical support to agency as requested.
Ø Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2-3 years of experience in the technology field.
- Experience providing instruction to multiple age groups and backgrounds.
- Experience with access technology such as large print software, text-to-speech, optical character recognition, video magnification, or braille.
- ACVREP CATIS certification preferred or ability to become certified within 3 years.
- Excellent project management and work process skills.
- Expertise with Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of portable computing and smart phone platforms and their respective applications.
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Able to write detailed reports and conduct consumer evaluations.
- Ability to travel for daily appointments within 13 county service territory of Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Southeast Indiana.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from downtown Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave, and flexible scheduling. For more information on CABVI, please visit our website at http://www.cincyblind.org
How to Apply…
For consideration, please complete an application, attach a cover letter and a resume. You will find the application on our website, www.cincyblind.org.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.