The Iris Network
05/02/2022Return to view all job openings
Who we are:
The Iris Network has served the State of Maine since 1905! Helen Keller was a key contributor to our early success! We are based in Portland, ME but we service the entire State of Maine. We have an assisted living facility on our main campus and a Training Center dedicated to helping clients with visual impairments gain and maintain independence as well as community integration. We do this through teaching activities of daily living, manual arts classes to teach coordination and basic home maintenance skills, orientation and mobility training as well as vocational rehabilitation! Our Community Rehabilitation program provides one on one vision rehabilitation services to clients in their homes, or in a group setting.
- Work closely with clients with visual impairments to assess their needs and develop a rehabilitation plan;
- Teach independent living skills, low vision skills, communication skills, and technology skills to individuals or to small groups;
- Determine the most effective adaptive devices and make appropriate recommendation on acquiring them;
- Provide information and adjustment counseling services;
- Serve as an advocate, and make referrals to other agencies for support services;
- Utilize the agency’s database to prepare and maintain client case records and outcome data in a professional manner;
- Work within the requirements of contract and grant funding sources;
- Serve as a resource providing information and public education within the community, assist in the community education effort in an effort to identify unserved and under served clients and serve as an ambassador for the agency and its mission;
- Participate in ongoing program development, establishment, implementation and evaluation efforts;
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship and ongoing communication with Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DBVI) counterparts and other agencies;
- Provide and maintain continuing support and/or information to families of clients, as appropriate;
- Work with the Director of Community Rehabilitation to assist with messaging, fund development and to provide information that can be used in the Annual Report, brochures, and speaking engagements;
- Develop and maintain a strong and positive collaborative working relationship with other staff, inter-departmentally, across the agency to provide seamless and comprehensive services to clients;
- Remains current regarding issues affecting the field of Vision Rehabilitation;
- Attend regional and/or national conferences as appropriate to build knowledge base and maintain ACVREP certification;
- Adhere to all The Iris Network policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters in Vision Rehabilitation and/OR current Certification with ACVREP;
- Strong communication skills;
- Microsoft Office experience;
- Apricot or other case management systems, preferred.
- Generous paid time off (28 days of vacation and 13 holidays!);
- 403b with agency match!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Agency provided short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- Employee assistance program;
- Professional development supported and encouraged;
- Other ancillary benefits.