Helen Keller Services
04/07/2022Return to view all job openings
Fluency in ASL/Braille is preferred or will be expected to learn. Must Possess valid NYS Drivers License. CVRT certified.
- Actively participates in Community of Practice (COP), team meetings to support learning of peers, contribute articles and resources, share experiences and challenges.
- Facilitates activities related to Independent Living skills evaluation with the consumer to determine realistic short- and long-term goals.
- Aids consumers and professional staff members in out-of-department activities. Lounge duty, escort duty, town hall, consumer forums, fire drills, home visits, etc.
- Participates in classes and workshops to gain proficiency in sign language, braille, Haptics, and other specialized areas.
- Documents consumer performance during evaluation and training sessions to monitor progress; identifies problems and constraints; develops strategies and remedies; and provides formal reports to funding sources.
Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Teaching with an emphasis in Vision Rehabilitation Therapy. ACVREP certified.