Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services o
03/25/2022Return to view all job openings
- · Instruct clients who are blind or vision impaired on skills and equipment that will improve their ability to navigate independently in a variety of environments, including public transportation.
- · Interview clients to determine their needs, desired outcomes and plan lessons which will result in those outcomes.
- · Assess clients’ current ability to travel safely and independently.
- · Conduct ongoing evaluation with clients, discuss findings, and modify instruction, as necessary.
- · Prepare written correspondence documenting the progression and final status of skill level of the client.
- · Participate in regularly scheduled conferences with the client and funding source to update and discuss progression of training.
- · Monitor and Supervise interns.
- · Coordinate schedules of clients and staff to streamline lessons.
- · Orient clients to the BVRS facility and agency procedures.
- · Maintain all certifications.
- · Provide sighted guide training to staff and volunteers.
- · Assess needs of clients for other services and make referrals, as necessary.
- · Other duties as assigned.
- · Bachelor’s degree in orientation and mobility is required.
- · Experience working with individuals who have vision loss or other disabilities is preferred.
- · ACVERP Certification.
- · Valid driver’s license is required.
Physical Needs for Job
Persons in this position must possess the ability to anticipate hazards that might compromise the safety of their clients and be prepared to take whatever measures necessary to ensure their client’s safety. Persons in this position must be able to assist someone to their feet if they have fallen. Persons in this position must be able to walk up and down stairs, to walk down stairs backwards and to walk the majority of the workday while teaching classes.
Full-time. Immediate opening.
The health and safety of our clients and staff is of the utmost importance to BVRS. All CDC guidelines are being followed.
For consideration, please forward resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org