KY OVR McDowell Cntr for the Blind
01/04/2022Return to view all job openings
- Serves as a team leader in certified field of expertise, Orientation and Mobility (O&M), and is responsible for the direction, oversight, and meeting the training objectives of blind and visually impaired consumers and the rehabilitation program.
- Evaluates and develops specialized training plans and instructs blind and visually impaired consumers in services such as O&M, business travel, public transportation navigation, and other services that can lead to obtaining a successful employment outcome or independent living skills.
- Modifies, enhances, and fabricates rehabilitation technology devices to meet the individual needs for persons with significant disabilities.
- Provides consumer and employers with information on accessibility, reasonable accommodation, disability awareness and etiquette, and American Disabilities Act (ADA) information training.
- Interprets and explains state and federal rules and regulations and agency policy. Assists in writing guidelines, department materials, and policy.
- Maintains partnerships with private and public entities. Serves as a resource person for transportation engineers, the community, and other rehabilitation personnel. Serves on task forces and/or special teams.
EDUCATION: Must have COMS or NOMC and be a graduate of a college or university with a master's degree in rehabilitation, rehabilitation teaching or therapy, guidance and/or counseling, psychology, sociology, orientation and mobility, social work, special education, education with emphasis in vocational counseling or a related field.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: See Special Requirements.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
COMS or NOMC with Bachelor or Master degree