11/08/2021Return to view all job openings
LOCATION OF POSITION: Monroe One BOCES - 41 O'Connor Road, Fairport NY 14450; Various Districts in Monroe and Ontario County
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month Position - Full Time, Probationary
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible
1. Develop and implement appropriate individualized IEP goals and objectives.
2. Prepare CSE packets as required.
3. Ensure IEP Compliance.
4. Establish and maintain professional working relationships.
5. Support districts/teachers with their inquiries.
6. Conduct Functional Vision and/or O/M Assessments.
7. Perform related duties as agreed upon with the Department Administrators.
1. New York State Certification as a Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
2. Experience as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired/Orientation Mobility preferred.
3. Training in Orientation and Mobility preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to instruct in Braille inclusive of Nemeth Code preferred.
5. Experience and/or Knowledge of Assistive Technology preferred.
6. Open minded and flexible.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Valid NY State Driver’s License.
9. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).
Cert: Any Certification
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://www.applitrack.com/monroeone/onlineapp/
Find posting under Vacancies > Categories > Instructional > Teacher of the Visually Impaired (Job ID 752).