10/08/2021Return to view all job openings
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and assess personal needs and environment of each individual’s home/school/work life.
- Teaches mobility skills for indoor and outdoor orientation, sighted guide to caregivers and others & accessible technology devices
- Teaches concept development, spatial and sensory awareness, pre-cane techniques, mobility aids and provides environmental assessments.
- Interacts with clients, their family, caregivers and professional affiliates to identify and develop vision related goals including intervention and therapy programs.
- Provide support through consultation to individuals and their families regarding adjustment to vision loss.
- Provides interventions and supports to the client in the form of direct service, resources and information, collaboration with other programs and health care providers and transition planning
- Acts as a key resource in matters related to accessible design and the built environment.
- Maintain all case data, service tracking, key performance indicator benchmarking, reports and documentation consistent with VLRC Systems and Procedures.
- Keeps abreast of current materials, technology, standards of practice (ACVREP) related to providing service to individuals with vision loss by review of professional literature
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects Agency operations by keeping information confidential and secured.
- Understand use of and obtaining appropriate documentation (state and agency) needed for filing and billing purposes
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.)/Master’s Degree (M.S) required , Must have an Orientation and Mobility Certification for NYS ; ACVREP certified in Orientation and Mobility. Certification must be obtained within one year of hire.
- Fluent in English and Spanish a plus
- A valid NY State Driver’s License and ability to drive and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance coverage are required. Must be able to travel locally and regionally for appointments.
- Person-Centered, relationship builder, persistent, provides positive reinforcement when appropriate, empowering, creative, flexible, self-motivated, liaison skills, non-judgmental approach, organizational skills
- Adheres to all Agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to corporate compliance, personnel policies, HIPAA and all procedures
- Establishes and maintains a strong attention to detail, insuring work is accurate and complete, and adheres to all established deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
8456241366 ext 144