08/11/2021Return to view all job openings
What You Will Do
The purpose of this position is to provide OCCB students with Adaptive Device (smartphone) and Braille training that will lead to self-sufficiency and employment. While the focus of instruction will be on Adaptive Devices and Braille, knowledge of PCs and screen readers would also be helpful in moving students towards independence The position is located in the Technology Lab in the Portland office and is responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Provide one-on-one and group technology training to OCB clients, staff, and third-party vendors as needed. Training includes braille, blindness-related adaptive devices (Apple/Android products), PCs, screen readers, and software.
- Conduct individual client assessments and written recommendations for Center clients’ adaptive device/tech needs, braille skills, current technology skills, and overall training needs.
- Obtain quotes for adaptive technologies to keep up with new trends. This will involve coordination with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRC) and vendors client system configurations, ordering, delivery, and orientation as needed.
- Write and/or assist with curriculum development for group and individual training goals.
- Create and assist staff with accessible document creation. Provide timely and clear progress reports to counselors.
- Attend staff meetings and client staffing's as scheduled.
Must apply online by 8/29. Link: