08/10/2021Return to view all job openings
- Assess or monitor assessment of academic skills and make appropriate training and equipment recommendations.
- Formulate curriculum, develop individualized study materials, instruct and monitor instruction of consumers in Braille, punctuation, grammar, composition skills, spelling, reading, vocabulary, and math skills including Nemeth code and the use of tactile graphs.
- Manage academic instruction for consumers pursuing a GED or high school diploma.
- Provide consumers verbal and written reports pertaining to their progress.
- Provide verbal and written reports to consumers' progress to referral sources and other rehabilitation team members in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Complete other paperwork as assigned.
- Recommend the purchase of supplies and capital equipment needed for training.
- Provide orientation of instructional areas and equipment to new staff members and student affiliates assigned to the program.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other providers of educational and training programs, including school districts within the realm of client referrals.
- Participate in team and staff meetings and contribute to the formulation of policies, procedures, and programs.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is required. Degree in education is preferred.
- Two years' experience working with people who are blind and visually impaired is preferred.
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment and techniques for people who are blind and visually impaired is preferred.
- Proficiency with written language skills is required.
- Knowledge of grades 1 and 2 Braille and other Braille codes preferred.
- Excellent communication, assessment, and teach ability required.
- Organization and attention to detail are required.