Lighthouse of Southwest Florida
01/24/2022Return to view all job openings
Since 1974, Lighthouse of Southwest Florida has provided vision rehabilitation, education, independent life skills, and job training to thousands of people with low vision and blindness and their families.
The Lighthouse of Southwest Florida is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
Oversee all aspects of Vision Rehabilitation Services and training to ensure that clients achieve the level of independence established by their Rehabilitation Service Plan.
- Administer assessments and interpret results to develop client rehabilitation plans within the scope of practice for vision rehabilitation.
- Provide consultation, support, or education to groups such as parents and teachers.
- Identify functional impact of visual impairments related to life skills.
- Develop rehabilitation or instructional plans collaboratively with clients, based on results of assessments, needs, and goals.
- Design and implement lesson plans, schedule classes and update curricula.
- Develop group and individual instructional objectives in the areas of personal management, home management, communications, sensory development and leisure activities. Teach clients to read and write Braille. Teach clients to use adaptive equipment such as large print, reading stands, lamps, writing implements, software, and electronic devices.
- Select and distribute instructional materials, aids, and appliances used in teaching according to agency protocols.
- Monitor clients' progress to determine whether changes in rehabilitation plans are needed.
- Write reports or complete forms to document assessments, training, progress, or follow-up outcomes.
- Provide outreach and itinerant services.
- Work with all other instructors/program staff to ensure continuity of services.
- Collaborate with specialists, such as rehabilitation counselors, speech pathologists, and occupational therapists, to provide client solutions.
- Complete all necessary notes, reports, paperwork in a timely manner.
- Employee is required to appear for work at the office location, or at client locations as scheduled, during work hours.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in Vision Rehabilitation or related field; Master’s degree in Vision Rehab or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in the field of Vision Rehabilitation preferred.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
- Must maintain professional accreditations, licensing and/or continued education as required.
Agency hours: Mon - Thurs 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (occasional weekends)
Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance and 401(k)
Paid vacation, sick and holiday
Continuing education opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Apply online at Indeed.com. No phone calls please.