Lighthouse of Southwest Florida
03/06/2023Return to view all job openings
Thank you for your interest in a rewarding career with Lighthouse of Southwest Florida.
Since our founding in 1974, our mission to enable people of all ages living with a visual impairment or blindness to remain independent, active and productive in our society has been our core tenet.
Lighthouse of Southwest Florida is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusivity.
Join our talented team of professionals that provides a variety of rehabilitation and support services and support to children and adults in Lee, Hendry and Glades counties experiencing vision loss and blindness.
Among a competitive wage, we offer a four-day work week in a friendly work environment, generous paid time off, an array of benefits such as 100% employer-paid health insurance for eligible employees, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. As an added benefit, fleet vehicles are available for itinerant work by designated program staff and instructors.
Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist - Full-time Position (Lee County, Florida)
Lighthouse of Southwest Florida - 35 W. Mariana, North Ft. Myers, FL 33903
Oversee all aspects of Vision Rehabilitation Services and training to ensure that clients achieve the level of independence established by their Rehabilitation Service Plan.
- Administer assessments and interpret results to develop client rehabilitation plans within the scope of practice for vision rehabilitation.
- Provide consultation, support, or education to groups such as parents and teachers.
- Identify functional impact of visual impairments related to life skills.
- Develop rehabilitation or instructional plans collaboratively with clients, based on results of assessments, needs, and goals.
- Design and implement lesson plans, schedule classes and update curricula.
- Develop group and individual instructional objectives in the areas of personal management, home management, communications, sensory development and leisure activities. Teach clients to read and write Braille. Teach clients to use adaptive equipment such as large print, reading stands, lamps, writing implements, software, and electronic devices.
- Select and distribute instructional materials, aids, and appliances used in teaching according to agency protocols.
- Monitor clients' progress to determine whether changes in rehabilitation plans are needed.
- Write reports or complete forms to document assessments, training, progress, or follow-up outcomes.
- Provide outreach and itinerant services.
- Work with all other instructors/program staff to ensure continuity of services.
- Collaborate with specialists, such as rehabilitation counselors, speech pathologists, and occupational therapists, to provide client solutions.
- Complete all necessary notes, reports, paperwork in a timely manner.
- Employee is required to appear for work at the office location, or at client locations as scheduled, during work hours.
Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in Vision Rehabilitation or related field; Master’s degree in Vision Rehab or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in the field of Vision Rehabilitation preferred.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
- Must maintain professional accreditations, licensing and/or continued education as required.
General Information and Benefits:
- Four day work week: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM Mon – Thurs. Occasional weekends.
- Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Life insurance for eligible employees (company pays 100% premium for insurances).
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) and company match; additional non-elective contribution for 2 year tenure
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Agency closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day (paid holiday time)
- Continuing education opportunities
- Fleet vehicles for itinerant visits
Apply online at Indeed.com. No phone calls please.