05/11/2021Return to view all job openings
To assist in the evaluation, planning and provision of computer skills instruction geared to the individual vocational needs of persons with visual disabilities. To provide computer based programming to meet the goals of participants. To develop and implement new vision techniques to keep the program current and progressive. Provide computer literacy/retail training and customer service instruction for program participants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. This includes maintaining necessary records and submitting reports as required to meet the needs of Case Management System.
2. Complete intake reports, administer appropriate testing, and assist, develop individual service plans, and complete monthly reports.
3. Develop and provide instruction to meet the individual's program goals as outlined in their written plan.
4. Provide training to consumers on how to access and use hardware, software, peripheral devices and other special assistive technology.
5. Implement classroom teaching program in Customer Service/Call Center Training. (Areas of training to include customer service/telephone skills, keyboarding, windows software, selling ability, role playing, simulated activities, team building, job seeking skills and work ethic, and other related customer service skills).
6. Responsible for the equal opportunity employment efforts and results, and must take action to prevent harassment of employees.
7. Other duties may be assigned.
8. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, HIPAA, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
Bachelor's Degree in the area of education and experience working with vision technology are required. Minimum of three years’ experience working with individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
Involvement in a curriculum development/evaluation/ implementation for training programs for the persons who are visually impaired preferred. Need to be competent in computer applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill's liability insurance provider. If at any time the employee is unable to maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to GESMV’s liability insurance provider, they must immediately notify Human Resources.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Skills & Abilities
1. Customer Service Oriented with a pleasant disposition
2. Demonstrate initiative and flexibility with good written and verbal communications skills.
3. Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision as well as have the ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
4. Must be able to follow through with projects and assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office products
6. Experience in the use of adaptive software such as JAWS, Zoom Text and Magic.
7. Knowledge of and experience in the use of adaptive equipment such as Braille Note takers, refreshable Braille keyboards/devices, CCTV’s (portable and desktop), variety of OCR equipment. Maintain knowledge of current applications, software and other equipment that may be applicable.
8. Uncompromising ethics and integrity
9. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with a broad spectrum of people; including consumers and employees.
10. Must be self-motivated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.