04/06/2021Return to view all job openings
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct assessments of vision impaired individuals to develop and provide individual plans in the home and community, educational and vocational settings.
• Provides orientation and mobility training both indoors and outdoors including residential, business, and educational setting and especially public transportation to promote safety and independence.
• Provide programs and services to offer vision rehabilitation therapy, orientation & mobility training and assistive technology instruction.
• Conduct group rehabilitation training based upon identified needs.
• Collaborate with relevant community agencies, government departments and educational/healthcare professionals to assist in delivering integrated, person-centered services.
• Provide community education & outreach, promoting visual health and services offered.
• Maintain records and provide reports required for the administration of programs and services.
• Teach use of low vision devices or other adaptive equipment and refers clients for other services provided by AT Department as appropriate.
• Observes, evaluates, and documents student progress.
• May supervise interns and volunteers in the Vision program.
• Travel is required to conduct in-home and community-based services.
Benefits: Signal Centers offers a great benefits package to full-time staff.
Signal Centers is an EEO employer and seeks to affirm the dignity and worth of every person. It is, therefore, the policy of the organization to practice and ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all applicants and employees with respect to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, or ability and promote the full realization of this policy through all employment practices.
?To learn more about Signal Centers, please visit us online at www.signalcenters.org
APPLY ONLINE AT https://sci.mycloudatwork.com/careers/