03/08/2021Return to view all job openings
Outreach Vision Consultant opportunity at the SD School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. This position has a Sioux Falls/Southeastern South Dakota home station location.
A 9-month full-time faculty position, with full benefits. Occasional Summer Family Visits.
• Provide vision consultation and support services to parents, schools districts (and other agencies) of visually impaired, blind and deaf-blind children
• Facilitate access between parents and/or teachers and SDSBVI personnel and other resources
• Act as an advocate for children who are visually impaired
• Maintain records of students, services provided and recommendations made
• South Dakota Teacher’s Certificate with endorsement in visual impairment and special education. (If not certified in visual impairment, must be willing to become certified within three years of employment)
Incumbent will be required to undergo a background investigation before employment begins. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
Incumbent will be required to provide documentation of MMR vaccination.
Cert: Any Certification
Applications can be submitted online at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/postings/22229.