03/08/2021Return to view all job openings
Assistive Technology/Computer Teacher opening at The SD School for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
This is a 9-month full time faculty position, with full benefits, that reports to the Superintendent.
• Instruct and assess students by using SD Content Standards and Expanded Core Curriculum Standards
• Develop and monitor IEPs for students
• Serve as Case Teacher for those students assigned
• Plan and prepare weekly lessons in relation to individual students needs
• Participate in appropriate special staffings, pre-staffings and IEP meetings
• Adapt curriculum to varying student intellectual abilities
• Provide adequate and constructive student supervision
• Carry out student behavior programs
• Communicate both orally and in writing
• Maintain flexibility, initiative, professionalism, and enthusiasm
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology Education preferred
• South Dakota Teacher’s Certificate with endorsement in visual impairment and special education. (If not certified in visual impairment, must be willing to become certified within three years of employment)
Incumbent will be required to undergo a background investigation before employment begins. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
Incumbent will be required to provide documentation of MMR vaccination.
Cert: Any Certification
Applications can be submitted online at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/postings/22231.