Vision Rehabilitation Services of GA
02/18/2021Return to view all job openings
Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (Teacher)
- Provides instruction in adaptive strategies needed to address all areas of activities of daily living (such as but not limited to) adaptive strategies for reading and writing, braille, use of access technology, strategies for cooking and cleaning efficiently and safely, labeling and organizational skills and pre-work skills.
- Individual is responsible for managing their own caseload of clients,
- Scheduling training appointments,
- Completing skills assessments and providing training in areas of need,
- Writing comprehensive reports as well as keeping up with daily and monthly statistics.
- This individual is expected to work with community partners in helping our clients research and access community resources,
- May be asked to provide education on visual impairment to community members and family
- Attend professional meetings and programs as advised