Direct Advocacy and Resource Center
02/17/2021Return to view all job openings
Blind/Low Vision Life Skills Coach
Summary: Assist participants who are blind or have low vision in achieving their self-identified Independent Living (IL) goals by providing peer mentoring and teaching independent living skills.
Supervisor: Associate Director
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt; on call/as needed
RESPONSIBILITIES: (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Assist blind or low-vision participants in determining their service needs, establishing IL goals, and formulating IL plans
- Organize, plan, and provide direct individual and/or group independent living skills training instruction to blind or low-vision participants
- Provide individual and/or group peer support sessions to participants with visual disabilities
- Monitor participant progress and revise materials and instruction to meet individual participant needs
- Maintain documentation consistent with the Center’s policies and procedures and funding requirements (including initial meeting, assessment, goal planning, information and referral, output/outcome measurements, etc.)
- Clear understanding of, and passion for, the Center's mission and vision
- Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT) OR Low Vision Specialist (CLVS) by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP) OR Teacher for the Visually Impaired (CTVI) OR Licensed Occupational Therapist with experience/training working with individuals who are blind
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with individuals who are blind and have low vision • Computer proficiency including use of a database/data collection program
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Braille Instructor credentials
Note: Personal experience with disability and familiarity with disability rights/independent living philosophy preferred!
- Demonstrates personal integrity, credibility and flexibility within the scope of the job responsibilities
- Demonstrates understanding and endorsement of Independent Living Philosophy and support of Direct’s mission, vision, and goals
- Demonstrates respect and value of consumers’ choices, decisions, and preferences; accepts diversity in others
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize a wide range of knowledge and skills – and to incorporate new information – to achieve desired outcomes within the scope of the job responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability and initiative to evaluate options, make decisions, resolve potential or actual problems effectively, and accept accountability within the scope of job responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability to participate as an active member of a team • Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing • Demonstrates the ability to learn through the supervisory and peer/team process
- Demonstrates the ability to organize, manage, and follow through on own workload and priorities
- Demonstrates the ability to collect, retrieve, and manipulate computerized data
TO APPLY,? submit? Cover Letter and Resume firstname.lastname@example.org
?Qualified individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply.?
Direct is committed to providing access and equal opportunity in employment. Activities such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees are conducted without regard to race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex (including same sex); sexual orientation, gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; service member status; marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. Direct will work with qualified individuals to find reasonable accommodations as necessary, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on Center operations.