01/05/2021Return to view all job openings
Vision Bermuda is a registered charity and we are seeking a qualified and experienced professional with dual certification in Vision Rehabilitation Therapy and Orientation & Mobility training. An additional qualification in integrated health and social care is desirable. The Vision Rehabilitation Professional will be part of a small team and be responsible for developing and delivering a range of programmes and services for people who are blind and visually impaired in Bermuda.
• Conduct assessments of vision impaired individuals to develop and provide individual plans in the home and community, educational and vocational settings.
• Provide programs and services to offer vision rehabilitation therapy, orientation & mobility training and assistive technology instruction. ?
• Conduct group rehabilitation training based upon identified needs. ?
• Collaborate with relevant community agencies, government departments and educational/healthcare professionals to assist in delivering integrated, person-centred care
• Provide community education and outreach promoting visual health and the programs and services offered by Vision Bermuda
• Maintain records and provide reports required for the administration of programs and services. ?
• Supervise professionals and volunteers in the Vision Rehabilitation Therapy programme.
• Travel is required to conduct in-home and community based services.
• Master’s Degree in Vision Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT) or equivalent Higher Education with an active, current full and unrestricted certification in Vision Rehabilitation Therapy (CVRT) granted by the Academy of Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP) and in Orientation & Mobility Training (COMS) (North America); or equivalent certifications from another jurisdiction.
• Minimum five (5) years experience as a Vision Rehabilitation Professional or equivalent in a related field in rehabilitation.
• Strong skills with assistive technology and current clinical therapies and innovations are required.
• Competence with programme development, management and evaluation is essential.
• Experience in an integrated health and social care environment would be an asset.
• The ability to promote programmes and services to clients and donors is desirable.
• Valid Bermuda driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed letter of interest, current resume and copies of certificates via email to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit www.visionbermuda.bm or contact Theresa Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date January 25, 2021.
Phone: (441) 261 0540
Cert: Multiple Certifications