10/29/2020Return to view all job openings
Performs assessment and evaluation of current travel skills and needs of client.
1. Plans and develops individualized instructional objectives based on needs, goals and capability of each client.
2. Develops flexible instructional plan that includes the alteration, exclusion or development of additional instructional sessions to facilitate learning and acquisitions of skill needed to meet the goals of the client.
3. Provides instruction in appropriate settings and locations which is most relevant to the specific travel environment of the client.
B. Submits necessary written evaluation, lesson plans and professional observations related to progress in the achievement of instructional plan.
1. Documents all necessary reports and client data necessary to SBVI funding requirements.
2. Maintains monthly written progress reports including comments on skills demonstrated and/or special reports including specific difficulties client may encounter.
3. Maintains communication with SBVI counselor or case manager of other referral source in order to best facilitate the needs of the individual client.
C. Provides information and expertise on orientation and mobility matters to various professional and community resources.
1. Participates in agency/client staffings and conferences as appropriate.
2. Engages in conferences, workshops, seminars and community education presentations as requested.
3. Provides consultation and education to spouses and family members of clients regarding issues related to travel or adjustment to blindness and necessary skills they can develop to assist the client.
D. Involvement in projects as assigned by the director.
Phone: 602-273-7411, Extension 109
Center based and Itinerant. Contact Frank Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org