Lighthouse Central Florida
09/17/2020Return to view all job openings
This position will have Service Provision responsibilities which include and not limited to:
- Provide one-on-one community-based, center-based and virtual instruction to assigned clients. Document as required.
- Conduct assigned youth and adult ICFA’s, Vocational Comprehensive Functional Assessments (VRCFAs), and Comprehensive Functional Assessments (CFAs), and other types of assessment (type based on the client’s age) as scheduled. Complete full and accurate documentation of each and develop required individualized service plans.
- Make recommendations for additional training, devices or adaptations (in any skill area) needed to meet individual goals.
- Ensure program quality and staff/student ratios by attending Children’s Program and Transition events, including weekends (usually one or two a month), and Summer Programming
- Evaluate and document each client’s progress toward individual goals.
- Counsel clients in their adjustment to vision loss.
- Proactively encourage and monitor client attendance.
- Identify and request instructional materials necessary to support the curriculum
This position will have Supervision responsibilities which include and not limited to:
- As an appropriately credentialed professional, provide direction to and signatory approval for the work of non-certified personnel
- Supervise volunteers assigned to work with the Youth Services Team
This position will have Planning and Service Development responsibilities which include and not limited to:
- Develop engaging curricula, and implement effective lesson plans and activities to align with LCF’s philosophy and achieve all contract deliverables for both one-on-one and group sessions focused on the clients age and skill level
- Work with the Youth Services Manager to plan and develop efficient schedules to optimize time with clients.
- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and refinement of the R360 model, especially as it relates to children services
- Participate in decision-making to guide the direction of service development.
This position will have Case Management and Reporting responsibilities which include and not limited to:
- Communicate with LCF Client Case Coordinators and other staff to expedite each client’s movement through service delivery, and to insure service deliverables are achieved.
- Enter required documentation into the Apricot database in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist supervisor with accurate and timely procurement requests.
- Maintain the confidentiality of program participants in accordance with State and Federal regulations
- Master’s Degree in Visual Disabilities: secondary or special education, rehabilitation counseling, human/social services or related field. Consideration will be given to individuals with five or more years of related experience or certifications.
License and/or Certification:
- Current certification or actively pursuing one of the following is required: CVRT, OT
- Additional helpful certifications: COMS, TSVI, CATIS, Division of Blind Services Access Technology Endorsement
- Minimum of three years of experience in vision rehabilitation preferred
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with assistive technology and compensatory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and web browsers
- Proficient use of the database for client demographics, documentation, and agency reports
- Demonstrate professional maturity, judgment and objectivity
- Work well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Effective organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, business professionals, civic organizations, and the general public. Function as an effective member of the team
- Project a positive, compassionate image to clients, families and the public
- Effectively adapt to and support change
- Maintain confidentiality
- Independently navigate work environment and the LCF service community
- Moderate ability to move and lift items usually ranging up to 25 lbs.
- Prolonged standing upon occasion
- Prolonged sitting at work station
- General good health and energy
Pass Level 2 background checks as required
It is the policy of Lighthouse not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Lighthouse Works, Inc. to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact Human Resources via phone at 407-898-2483.