S. Tx School Therapy Providers
08/24/2020Return to view all job openings
We are recruiting for a contract Orientation and Mobility Specialist (O&M) that is interested in working with a diverse cross section of children with exceptional needs in the San Antonio Area. We are looking for someone who is comfortable conducting Evaluations as well as implementing IEP objectives with students. If you are interested in this position please send a detailed copy of your resume.
This is for the 2020-2021 school year approximately averaging 12 hrs/week
The company that is looking for candidates has a long history of creating the best experience in the special education staffing industry. This experience begins with the team of tenured professionals who are passionate about providing the most exceptional services to the students and districts. As a member of the team, you will quickly learn how these qualities permeate across the entire organization. The company offers competitive compensation.
- Evaluate the Orientation & Mobility needs of students with vision loss
- Visit schools and/or off-campus settings to conduct evaluations
- Develop and implement sequential lessons in Orientation & Mobility (O&M) based on individual needs of students
- Teach Orientation & Mobility skills to eligible students with vision loss
- Select and utilize non-school locations for specific content areas to be taught
- Serve on ARD committee
- Consult with teachers, vision staff and technicians, parents and other professionals regarding the Orientation & Mobility needs of students and children with vision loss
- Teach appropriate Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) skills to eligible students with vision loss
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a directly related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Current Certification as a Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist (COMS) from the Academy for the Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP)
- Three years of satisfactory Orientation & Mobility experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in communicating with students, parents, professional staff people in the community and agencies serving individuals with vision loss
- Demonstrate flexibility in working with diverse ages and populations across diverse settings
- Be flexible, focused, fast, and friendly
This is a 1099 contract position. You will be considered an Independent Contractor. There are no benefits.