05/29/2020Return to view all job openings
ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY SUPERVISOR
1. Provides departmental leadership, staff evaluation and staff representation.
2. Evaluates, develops, implements, provides, monitors, and reports on student IEP O&M programs to students on and off campus throughout the State of Maryland.
3. Conducts in-service training programs on individual and group basis and disseminates O&M information to others.
4 Acts as an active department member, sharing responsibilities and workload.
5. Participates in necessary school and student meetings.
6. Transports students to training sites.
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used: A variety of canes and adaptive mobility devices; a variety of low vision devices; tape recorder, Braille writer, map making equipment, vehicle, keyboard/computer equipment.
Performance Standard: Must assume 100% commitment to collaborative, interdisciplinary service delivery model. Must assume 100% commitment to work with parents. Must also assure compliance with all health, safety and program standards.
Work Environment: Multiple indoor and outdoor environments on and off campus with varying sound, lighting and temperature conditions.
Work Schedule: 35 day/evening hours per week, Monday through Friday with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break; flextime within the workday is frequently required; weekend or overnight hours are required infrequently; this position follows the standard 11-month school schedule.
Experience and Skills:
After six months in this position, the employee is required to have:
1. Comprehensive supervisory management techniques.
2. General knowledge and application of departmental responsibilities, philosophies and expectations.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of assigned students' O&M needs program.
4. CPR/First Aid and TCI certification.
You can find additional information at,