Lighthouse Central Florida
03/25/2020Return to view all job openings
Lighthouse Central Florida has an opportunity for an Access/Assistive Technology Instructor.
Job Summary: The role of the Access Technology Instructor is vital by identifying appropriate, effective tools and necessary training to make tasks accessible for Blind and Low Vision individuals. The Access Technology Instructor opens up opportunities by testing and configuring adaptive software for compatibility and by working with the client to develop accessible work processes and environments.
The Access Technology Instructor provides training of adaptive technologies for efficient access of print and computer data and work tasks.
- You will be responsible for evaluation of new technologies to determine accessibility and compatibility with current hardware and software platforms providing technical training.
- You will produce, administer and review curriculum to meet training demands as appropriate.
- You will develop Individualized Training Plans.
- You will educate clients to an array of adaptive tools and techniques that allow for optimal access to print media, computer data, software, etc.
- You will communicate routinely with Division of Blind Services (DBS) counselor(s), Lighthouse Case Managers and other staff as appropriate to expedite each client's movement through service delivery.
- You will ensure maintenance of complete, accurate and timely documentation on assigned clients necessary to meet agency and contractual requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Impairment.
- Master's Degree of Education preferred.
License and/or Certification:
- CATIS certification or actively pursuing
- DBS Access Technology Endorsement Certificate preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience teaching Access Technology or using Access Technology in an environment working with persons who are blind or visually impaired.
To apply, please use this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=13193&clientkey=C34AD26BEA59772691C84052044F8260