03/06/2020Return to view all job openings
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Teach visually impaired students in an individual and/or group setting
· Instruct in the expanded core curriculum to support grade level content standards
· Develop, review and evaluate individualized educational plan (IEP)
· Conduct evaluations and assessments (FVLMA) to determine developmental status and academic status
· Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and IEP meetings
· Manage classroom resources
· Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or related field required;
· Must be able to meet qualifications for State approved licensure with an endorsement of teaching students with visual impairment in the areas/territories of DC, MD and VA.
· Knowledge of Assistive Technology
· Strong Braille skills
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Excellent report writing and computer skills required
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with good judgment, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and ability to handle confidential material.
3. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
4. Knowledge of second language helpful but not required.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
CLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cert: Any Certification
Must be able to meet qualifications for State approved licensure with an endorsement of teaching students with visual impairment in the areas/territories of DC, MD and VA