02/06/2020Return to view all job openings
Position: Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefits available.
- Conduct assessments for clients' vision rehabilitation needs and goals. Work with the client to develop an individual training plan.
- Provide customized instruction in all areas of Independent Living Skills to meet individual client goals.
- Integrate new and existing technology into vision rehabilitation training
- Develop and deliver educational seminars related to all aspects of living with vision loss and conduct support groups.
- Document assessments, training, progress and outcomes in Apricot database. Assist in gathering of training outcomes and other evaluation data as required.
- Maintain all proper documentation to comply with contract/grant requirements and agency procedures.
- Work with all program staff to ensure continuity of services.
- Stay current on current instructional strategies and techniques.
- Some travel required.
Preferred candidate has the following experience and skills:
- Strong teaching ability.
- Experience teaching current assistive technology as relates to independent living skills.
- Experience with methods and strategies including use of non-visual techniques, visual enhancement devices and strategies/problem-based learning.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Mature and professional attitude, self-directed, detail-oriented with decision-making and a creative problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, reliable follow-through and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to interacts effectively and respectfully with clients, family members, peers, other professionals and all other stakeholders in a manner that represents Second Sense positively.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Vision Rehabilitation Therapy.
- National professional certification (CVRT) required and maintained throughout employment.