12/16/2019Return to view all job openings
Transition Specialist - Full Time Position (Lee County, FL)
· Oversee the transition program curriculum, referrals, intakes, and counseling for high school age students (ages 14-22).
· Create lesson plans, teach and facilitate group classes, individual sessions, and related program events that are designed to help the student move from school to post –secondary education, vocational education, and integrated employment.
· Employee is required to appear for work at the office location, or at client locations as scheduled, during work hours.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to establish rapport and demonstrate empathy toward clients with visual impairment and other disabilities
· Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and to multi-task under pressure with close attention to detail and accuracy
· Possess high level of honesty and confidentiality
· Professional maturity and judgment
Cert: Multiple Certifications
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in Vision Rehabilitation, Psychology, Social Work or related field; Master’s degree in Vision Rehab or related field preferred.
· Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations:
· Certification in Orientation and Mobility, Teacher of Visually Impaired, Low Vision and/or Vision Rehabilitation required.
· Must maintain professional accreditations, licensing and/or continued education as required.
General Information and Benefits:
Apply online at Indeed.com. No phone calls please.