12/13/2019Return to view all job openings
Vision Services Program Director
About the Position…
The Vision Services Program Director plans, directs, coordinates and administers a comprehensive program of vision services which is performed through managerial, professional, and support personnel engaged in the performance of the stated responsibilities. Provides leadership to, and exercises delegated authority for, the management and direction of assigned staff. Makes assignments to staff usually in terms of function to be performed. Anticipates major problems and provides guidance to eliminate or minimize their effect on the programs. Provides advice and interpretation of policy and procedural guidelines. Controls work results through staff meetings, conferences, technical reports and program reviews.
· Responsible for the day to day administration of the Vision Services department and professional staff. Supervises the work of department managers to assure that the services they manage are in keeping with the agency’s mission and operate adhering to agency policies and procedures.
· Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and standards for Vision Services programs and services. Conducts a continuous review of these to assess and determine effectiveness.
· Oversight of department budgets and other departmental fiscal matters. Collects and analyzes monthly statistical reports of services, expenditures, and revenue for planning and analyzing purposes.
· In coordination with program managers, explores and implements alternate service delivery models that enable meeting increasing service needs with limited resources.
· In coordination with program managers, formulates and facilitates long and short range planning for the department so that the agency is continually improving the quality and effectiveness of its services.
· Continually reviews program operations to determine adequacy of the program in meeting CABVI’s mission and the community’s needs.
· Aligns CABVI Vision Services programs with industry best practice, standards, and regulations, and analyzes internal and external factors and evaluation results to make systematic changes in the delivery of Vision Services programs and services.
· Represents Vision Services in a wide range of meetings, activities, conferences, and forums, and manages key program and stakeholder relationships.
· Assures program participant privacy is maintained by being knowledgeable of and ensuring all Vision Services staff follow HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the V.P. of Vision Services.
· Master’s degree in rehabilitation services, public administration, or other human and social service field. A degree in a vision rehabilitation field preferred.
· At least 5 years of successful work experience in a leadership role in a not-for-profit and/or client service oriented environment.
· Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
· Experience developing and maintaining departmental budgets, administering grant funded programs, and profit and loss responsibility.
· Strength in recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, and empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance.
· Significant experience with, and strong knowledge of, client services case record / database systems.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, and solid oral and written communication skills.
· Able to develop and maintain relationships with diverse groups of individuals.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013 or 365: Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from downtown Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave, and flexible scheduling. For more information on CABVI, please visit our website at http://www.cincyblind.org
Cincinnati is the 24th largest urban metropolitan area in the United States, connecting the energy and amenities of a vibrant metro region with the access and opportunities of a tight-knit community. Easily accessible from Ohio, Indiana, and Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati is the headquarters for nine Fortune 500 companies. Cincinnati boasts a robust, diverse economy with competitive advantages in aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, brand design & creative services, chemistry, financial services, IT services and consumer goods. Cincinnati is also the home to major sports teams including the Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds. For patrons of the arts, Cincinnati’s unique and thriving arts community provides a wide array of stage performances, galleries, museums, festivals, parks and cultural events.
How to Apply…
For consideration, please complete an application, attach a cover letter and a resume. You will find the application on our website, www.cincyblind.org.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.