10/30/2019Return to view all job openings
The Lighthouse for the Blind & Low Vision is seeking a TVI or TVI/O&M for our Early Intervention Program. This position is located at our facility in Winter Haven, Florida (Polk county) and is full-time and fully benefited.
The Early Intervention Program works with children aged birth to 5 years and their families to help maximize their children’s self-sufficiency and independence as well as their physical, emotional, cognitive, social skills, and development.
The TVI or TVI/O&M will work directly with babies and children on ECC skills and play and is integral in:
· Welcoming families to the work of visual impairments
· Informing families about their child’s visual impairment
· Giving children and families a head-start on concept development and communication skills
· Teaching parents how to become their child’s “Teacher for Life” for Expanded Core Curriculum skills
· Assisting their navigation through and understanding of the various service providers and service models
· Supporting families in planning their child’s future in school and beyond
· Bachelor’s in Visual Disabilities Education required, emphasis in early childhood preferred; Master’s Degree preferred
· Be eligible to obtain a Teacher’s Certificate from the Florida Department of Education (the Lighthouse will assist with the process)
· Clean driving record for 3-years (Motor Vehicle Records check will be run at offer)
Salary will be based on degree level and experience
Cert: Multiple Certifications
About Lighthouse for the Blind & Low Vision:
The Lighthouse for the Blind & Low Vision has been providing services in the Tampa Bay area for over 75 years. The agency has a mission to “maximize independence and provide employment opportunities for persons who are blind or visually impaired”. We provide on-site comprehensive rehabilitation programs for persons who are blind or visually impaired residing in Hillsborough, Polk, and Hardee counties. Our programs include Early Intervention, Children’s Programs, Transition Programs, Adult and Vocational Programs, as well as Rehabilitation Engineering.