10/02/2019Return to view all job openings
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide Occupational Therapy services to patients as designated by the Lighthouse in accordance with state regulations.
· Provide services and rehabilitation training to a specialty population of children, adults and older blind individuals with low vision or blindness.
· Work in conjunction with staff optometrist to develop comprehensive, collaborative plans of care.
· Provide training on the use of optical and non-optical devices for achieving patients' goals in a clinic setting.
· Educate patients and families on programs, services, and resources available to them
· Work cooperatively with the team
· Attend staff, program and department meetings as scheduled
· Participate in development of program-wide goals and measurements
· Develop and maintain positive relationships in the OT professional arena
· Maintain files, provide documentation, data collection, reports, and summaries as needed
· Maintain certification(s)
· Other duties as assigned
· Degree in Occupational Therapy required with WA state licensure or eligibility for WA licensure.
· Minimum of two years of clinical experience; preferably in rehabilitation of adults and children with vision impairment.
· Preference given to candidates with Low Vision certification or participating in Low Vision Rehabilitation certification program.
· Ability to gain Low Vision certification within a specified timeframe
· Professional demeanor
· Demonstrated excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
· Mature judgment and sensitivity in interpersonal relations and among diverse groups
· Ability to meet the background and education/experience levels required
Equal Opportunity Employer, Male / Female / Persons with Disabilities / VEVRAA
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document forms upon hire.
For more information on the Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc at: www.lhblind.org/jobs
Cert: Any Certification