09/05/2019Return to view all job openings
The Vision Rehab Therapist (VRT) and/or Certified Low Vision Therapist (CLVT) will be responsible for all phases of rehabilitation teaching for totally blind and visually impaired persons. The VRT and/or CLVT will conduct low vision assessments and train individuals to use tactile, auditory, kinesthetic, and olfactory information. In addition, the VRT and/or CLVT will provide information and referral to the visually impaired community and assist in the responsibility for referrals information and recommendation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supervise and conduct vision instruction/training to individuals who are visually impaired and blind utilizing the appropriate techniques.
2. Assist with the functional vision program and conduct functional vision assessments.
3. Assist in maintaining the aids and appliances inventory and updating the same.
4. Assist in developing an information and referral system for use by the community population who are blind and visually impaired.
5. Maintain a close working relationship with referral sources to ensure the needs of the persons referred to the Agency are met.
6. Generate written reports for rehabilitation teaching and low vision assessment with an emphasis on recommendations.
7. Maintain all necessary documentation required by the Agency, CARF and other regulatory and funding organizations.
8. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards and ensure safety training throughout areas supervised and maintain same to meet CARF, OSHA, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and current certification.
Approved Credentials: ACVREP, Occupational Therapists with graduate certificates in vision rehabilitation or low vision,
licensed Teachers for the Visually Impaired, or organization has AER to serve individuals with vision loss.
Minimum of 1 year experience in rehabilitation teaching and a knowledge of vocational rehabilitation as related to
visually impaired and blind individuals is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill's liability insurance provider. If at any time the employee is unable to maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to GESMV’s liability insurance provider, they must immediately notify Human Resources.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from caregivers, customers or regulatory agencies.
2. Ability to effectively present information to management and/or public groups.
3. Good communication and written skills essential.
4. Must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills.
5. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet use.
6. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Must be self-motivated.
8. Must be able to problem solve and react to dynamic circumstances.
9. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cert: Any Certification
We are open to a direct hire, full-time, part-time and contracted individuals. We cover a large territory in Ohio and pay mileage or have vehicle for travel as needed.
To apply https://gesmv.org/jobs/
or Email resume and information to firstname.lastname@example.org