07/23/2019Return to view all job openings
1. Perform quality O&M assessments and subsequent training to support all Lighthouse locations.
2. Collaborate with all O&M staff to optimize communication regarding client needs and plans for services across locations.
3. Perform off-site assessments and training throughout the Lighthouse territory, as needed.
4. Provide group instruction in Orientation & Mobility to participants in the New Vision and Next Step Programs for consumers with vision impairment as outlined in the program curricula.
5. Develop goals and objectives following evaluation to ensure that each client reaches his/her highest ability based on his/her needs and desires.
6. Accurately document all services in Apricot as determined by department policy to ensure timely invoicing and to maintain good communication with Lighthouse staff, referring Physicians, and contracting agencies.
7. Recommend white canes and other adapted devices for mobility to clients as appropriate, and complete subsequent documentation.
8. Supervise O&M students as determined by University guidelines to ensure successful internships and to grow the field of Vision Rehabilitation.
9. Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to develop comprehensive plans of care for all clients served.
10. Conduct sensitivity training for all new hires within the first 2-weeks of their employment.
11. Conduct Employee Evacuation Program (EEP) assessments and subsequent training to ensure that all employees who are visually impaired are able to safely exit the facility during an emergency.
12. Support the needs of Lighthouse employees with disabilities by conducting assessments and training as needed to enhance efficiency, productivity, and safety on the job. Consult with management staff to resolve identified challenges as requested.
13. Collaborate with the Mo-Mobility team to enhance public transit services for people who are visually impaired or Deaf-Blind.
14. Collaborate with team members to develop and execute successful adult and youth programs.
15. Participate in education and advocacy events to promote inclusion for people with vision impairment. Represent the Lighthouse at local coalition meetings. Provide sensitivity training to community partners and in-services to internal staff on topics relevant to Orientation & Mobility.
16. Stay informed of changes and improvements in the field of Vision Rehabilitation to guarantee the provision of optimal services to clients, to support program development, and to promote the growth of the organization.
17. Foster a team environment with effective communication and a coordinated approach to providing vision rehabilitation services.
18. Follow all VRS expectations, policies, and procedures.
19. Follow all ISO procedures as required.
20. Perform other duties as assigned by Department Head.
1. Education: Degree from an accredited program with emphasis in Orientation & Mobility; Certification as an Orientation and Mobility Specialist required.
2. Special Knowledge/Skills: Proficient skills for assessing and teaching Orientation and Mobility in various settings; Knowledge of visual disabilities and effects on functional skills; Comfort working with people who may have additional disabilities; Proficient in written and verbal communications; Proficient in the use of Office software products and the internet required.
3. Experience: Two years’ experience as a COMS preferred; Experience writing IEP goals and providing O&M services to youth in schools preferred. Experience with public speaking and/or group training preferred.
4. Supervisory Responsibilities: O&M interns as required; Volunteers as required.
5. Physical: Functional vision required to manage documentation and assist blind staff. Good physical health to support outdoor training during all seasons. Able to walk long distances and manage public transportation systems independently. Able to manage transportation and training for off-site instruction around client homes and businesses. Must be energetic and able to function in a dynamic office setting. Must be able to tolerate driving in all conditions for extended periods to support travel between Lighthouse locations and throughout the New Orleans and Baton Rouge regions. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks, and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
6. Personality Traits: Maintain professional appearance and attitude appropriate to the position. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to respond to directions and suggestions. Ability to assume responsibility for project completion. Ability to work independently and with a team. Ability to maintain focus on work in a dynamic environment. Ability to solve problems effectively and demonstrate good attention to detail.
7. Working Conditions: Mostly outdoors; Classroom, commercial, and industrial environments. Frequent travel required. Valid driver’s license and clear driving record required, along with valid insurance.
8. Schedule: 40 hours per week with occasional Saturday hours.
9. Background Check and Drug Test Require: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
Lighthouse Louisiana is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Phone: 04-899-4501 Ext 22