05/28/2019Return to view all job openings
· Selects and follows an appropriate training curriculum, customized to the individual’s needs, strengths and challenges.
· Provides assistive technology training in various environments focused on assisting clients in achieving goals. Monitors client progress towards goals and adjusts training as needed.
· Completes documentation, billing and other reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
· Provides appropriate correspondence for referral sources, such as eye care professionals and DVR.
· Ensures a high level of knowledge of the latest technology and making recommendations for new products across the agency.
· Participates in outreach and public speaking events by providing product demonstrations, public education and promotion of rehabilitation and agency services
Pay and Benefits:
· $20-$24 per hour, based on experience
· Health Insurance
· Dental and vision insurance
· Short term and long-term disability
· Paid time off
· Holidays – New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial and Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
· Strong, experienced, supportive team
The perfect Candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Education, vision rehabilitation, assistive technology or related field.
· 1-3 years’ experience in technology training for clients who are blind or visually impaired.
· ACVREP credentialing as a Certified Assistive Technology Instructional Specialist (CATIS) preferred or willingness to obtain certification in the first three years of employment.
· Passion to exceed client, team and organization expectations.
· Individuals who are blind or visually impaired are encouraged to apply.
· Expert knowledge in electronic magnification, optical character recognition, screen reading and screen magnification software, Smartphone and tablet accessibility features and wearable devices.
· Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft office programs, browsing complex webpages, and electronic medical records systems.
Send resume to,
Cert: Any Certification